Part 1 of a 2-session class
Class meets Friday, February 4 from 1 to 4
This is a Master Class by Janie Lantz called Filmstrip Fun. In this class we will design a Sampler Placemat using many different modules and tools:
1. Explore the Filmstrip, its icons, and experience features such as linking to other modules.
2. From the film strip, we will send a design to Stitch Editor to insert a color change.
3. Add another design - a edo file to our placemat design.
4. From the film strip, we will send this new design to Digitizing to edit the fills.
5. Add a Super Design two different ways including inserting one into Digitizing to change the line type.
6. Create a Ribbon Embroidery design.
7. Add a Beaded Embellishment.
8. Create another element using Express Design. You will use Draw & Paint to modify the graphic first.
9. Create a single Motif stitch with Frames, Motif Underline, and Encore.
10. Add Lettering
11. Analyze the stitch-out order and adjust using the Filmstrip Stitch Order Commands.
12. We will also discuss considerations when it comes to exporting or sending a design via Wi-Fi that includes a Ribbon Embroidery.
Janie has also included a bonus lesson on the Quilt Block Wizard.
Overall, this is a jam-packed lesson that we will start in February and finish in March.